Wednesday 8 February 2017

Travel Diary: Edinburgh

So myself and Jake were thinking about what Christmas market we wanted to go to last year and I had heard that Edinburgh was the place to be around Christmas time. So we booked to go for a couple of nights as the end on November.

The Edinburgh Christmas markets run throughout November - January so you have plenty of time to enjoy them!


We were pleasantly surprised by how cheap the flights were from Luton to Edinburgh airport, which made our choice for a cheap city break even more appealing, Plus it only took 45 minutes on the plane which was a bonus. By keeping the costs down we decided to stay in a Premier Inn Hub which I highly recommend.

Edinburgh in winter time is very very cold. I was not prepared to be as cold as it was. If you are also thinking of going in the colder months make sure you wrap up with a big winter coat, hats, gloves and a scarf!

I was shocked with how beautiful Edinburgh is and my picture do not do the place justice. Once getting to our hotel we decided to go and explore the Royal Mile and trek up Edinburgh Castle.





 To get into Edinburgh Castle there was a charge of around £15pp. This put me off slightly put Jake persuaded me and I am so glad he did. The views were incredible and we were taken on a tour by a lovely man who taught about the history of the castle which i thoroughly enjoyed.




The atmosphere around Edinburgh was lovely, everyone was so welcoming and in the Christmas spirit.





After having some Dinner we wrapped up to go to the Christmas Market which I was so excited about. It was even better than I thought it was going to be.

They has so many food stalls, Retail stools, Rides and games. They were blasting all the best Christmas songs and people were all in good spirits.

What I loved about the market is that it wasn't all in once place. They had the main market, then The Christmas lights and separate Ice skating rinks. This made the whole city extra festive.













 We didn't go Edinburgh with the purpose to shop but I would love to go back in the summer time for a shopping trip. Shopping with the views of Edinburgh Castle sounds like a great idea to me.

On the second day we wanted to see the most of Edinburgh we could so we decided to get on one of the hop on hop off tour buses. This was a brilliant idea as we were able to get to all the places we wanted to visit with an amazing tour guide telling us about the history behind Edinburgh.

On the last day we booked to go to Edinburgh. Now the main reason I wanted to go to the zoo was the fact that Edinburgh Zoo is the only zoo in the UK that has pandas... And pandas are my all time favourite animal.

As we went to the zoo on a Tuesday it was practically empty which was great as we got to see all the animals up close and at our own pace.

We waited in the freezing cold for 3 hours for the panda to come out and when he finally I was ecstatic. Look at how cute he is!






Overall I completely fell in love with Edinburgh and I cannot wait to go back one day and explore even more.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Meggielouu | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig